Wednesday, July 11, 2012

2012 Garden Update

Some friends asked how the garden was doing and I realized how long it had been since I posted. This has been a busy year. I added a rain collection system.
I got the barrel from a local food distributor for twenty dollars, got some base and block from the local hardware spot, and the rain barrel installation kit from Rain Brothers. The kit had a great video on Youtube and after some investigation I decided it was the way to go. My wife knew I wanted to upgrade from my compost pile, so for my birthday I got a:
Already used a batch of it as mulch for my potatoes. It seems to really be working great. I love the fact that the heat kills the seeds. Some other pictures to entertain:

1 comment:

  1. Hey Mike,
    The garden looks like it's been really going well. I'm envious. No garden at all for us this year. Haven't said a word to you in ages it seems like... hope all is well with you and the family.
    P~

    ReplyDelete