Sunday, June 14, 2009

Always Nice To Catch A Whiff Of Hope


The wife and I made a trip this weekend south to help some family. On our route south we travel US Route 41. For a couple of years now there is an area south of Kentland, IN where there are some wind turbines. The last time we drove it (last fall) there were maybe a dozen turbines visible from the road but it was apparent they were working on more. When we drove through this weekend, you can see turbines as far as the eye can see on both sides of the highway for around 20 miles. It is surreal and breathtaking. I will have to look online to see if I can get more info on it.


3 comments:

  1. That is such a great photograph - really wonderful!
    Claire

    ReplyDelete
  2. HM, interesting. They have one in Cleveland on lake Erie and it produces power for the science center.

    ReplyDelete
  3. On our return trip the last time we were in your area, I spotted
    a wind farm on the west side of I-65 for the first time. It was in the same general area you noted and in a place where 65 and 41 are essentially running parallel. The roadside foliage was still minimal at that time and I counted the turbines as fast as I could. I was able to count a minimum of 78 in the distance. If you saw them from 41 and I saw them from 65 I wonder how many there are.

    ReplyDelete