Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Ground Cover Between The Raised Beds

Another day home with a sick little boy. While he is napping I thought I would reach out and see if I could get some suggestions.

I have to put down some cover between my raised beds and along my walkway. It will also serve for a small setting/staging area. Here is the area I need to take care of:


I need something that serves the following needs:

1) Drain well and be able to walk on when wet without getting messy.

2) Comfortable to work on.

3) Not compact the soil beneath it too badly.

4) Look nice.

5) Low maintenance.

I keep thinking about different options and I cannot think of a single one that satisfies all the needs. I have looked at mulchs, gravel, trailings, glacier stone, pavers.

Thoughts? Suggestions? What has worked for you?

1 comment: